👀 This essay written on “Mahashivratri Essay in English” essay can be used for your school or college project and also you can practice this essay topic for you companies essay writing round. You will find latest essays on various other topics on our website, which you can read and practice on all the topics.
Mahashivratri Essay in English
The festival of Mahashivratri is one of the most widely celebrated Hindu festivals. It falls on the Chaturdashi Tithi during Krishna Prakash in the month of Magha, according to Drik Panchang. Mahashivratri translates to the night of Lord Shiva who is also known as the God of Destruction. It is the night when Lord Shiva performed the heavenly dance called Tandava.
Mahashivratri is the convergence of Lord Shiva and his Goddess Shakti. It marked the balancing of the universe by masculine and feminine energies. The day hallmarks the marriage of Lord Shiva with his consort Goddess Shakti (Parvati) on this day.
On the day of Mahashivratri, it is believed that Lord Shiva appeared in the ‘linga’ form for the very first time. The origin of lingam in Shiv Purana is described as the Stambha of Fire, the cause of all causes, thus proving his superiority over the Lord Brahma and Lord Vishnu. Hence Mahashivratri is known as the birthday of Lord Shiva.
The celebration of Mahashivratri is a grand affair. The followers and devotees of Lord Shiva observe fast and perform special puja and hawan. Praying, meditating, chanting and fasting continues all day and night. Devotees chant ‘Om Namah Shivay’ and seek blessings. Unmarried girls are expected to fast to get a groom equivalent to the lord.
Several things like bhang, dhatura flowers, sugarcane, sandalwood paste, rose water, and plum are offered to Lord Shiva. Rudra Abhishek of Lord Shiva is done with milk, curd, honey, sandal paste, sugar, ghee, coconut water, holy ash, fruits, etc. Water and milk are the most important in Rudra Abhishek which is basically the process of bathing the Shiva Linga. Water helps in releasing powerful vibrations and energizes thereby cleansing the negativity. Pouring milk after water is believed to nurture and nourish the brain and soul with goodness and positivity.
No festival is complete without sweet delicacies. Sweets made out of milk are generally prepared on Mahashivratri. The methods of celebrating Mahashivratri may differ from region to region, but the spirit remains the same.
👉 If you like this essay on “Mahashivratri Essay in English“ then share this essay with friends to help them.
10 Lines on Mahashivratri in English
- Mahashivratri is one of the most important Hindu festivals.
- Mahashivratri comes in the month of Falgun.
- Shivratri is the convergence of Shiva and Shakti. It’s the day when Lord Shiva got married to Goddess Parvati.
- At the midnight of Maha Shivratri, Lord Shiva appeared in the form of Linga, hence Maha Shivratri is known as the birthday of Lord Shiva.
- Shivratri Vrat is observed by devotees of Lord Shiva.
- Bhang, sugarcane, plum, sandalwood and dhatura are offered to Lord Shiva.
- Devotees generally visit Shiv temple in the morning and perform Shiv Puja at home during the night.
- ‘Abhishek’ ritual is performed by offering milk, curd, honey, ghee and sugar.
- Garland made of Bila leaves is offered to Shiv Ling.
- After doing the puja it’s time to meditate and chant ‘Om Namah Shivay’ and seek blessings.
10 Lines on Mahashivratri in English Sample 2:
May 27, 2022 by Anjali Yadav
- Mahashivratri is a very popular Hindu festival.
- This festival is celebrated on the name of lord shiva.
- Many religious text says that it is the day when lord Shiva married mata Parvati.
- It is celebrated every year in our country as well as in Nepal.
- It is celebrated on the full moon day of ‘falgun’ month of Hindu calendar.
- Different parts of country have different rituals and methods of celebrating the festival.
- Most of the women used to perform worship by having whole day fast by only drinking water.
- People used to visit lord Shiva’s temple and take blessings of lord shiva and mata parvati.
- ‘Om Namah Shivaya’ and ‘Har Har Mahadev’ are the famous slogans people use while praying.
- Offering of ‘Bel leaves’ , Bananas and milk on ‘Shivaling’ is the most famous ritual performed by the devotees.
👉 If you like this essay on “10 Lines on Mahashivratri in English“ then share this essay with friends to help them.
Thus “Mahashivratri Essay in English 10 Lines on Mahashivratri in English” ends here. We have tried our best to avoid any kind of error in this “Mahashivratri Essay in English 10 Lines on Mahashivratri in English” Still if you find any error in this essay then you can give your valuable suggestion by email. So that we can present you articles consistently without any errors.
If you have any suggestion regarding this essay (Mahashivratri Essay in English 10 Lines on Mahashivratri in English) or you want that something else should be added to it, then you can write your suggestions in the comment section below. With these suggestions / ideas, we will get a chance to learn something and improve something.
🔗 If you liked this article “Mahashivratri Essay in English 10 Lines on Mahashivratri in English“, you got to learn something from it, then to show your happiness and eagerness, please use this post on the social networks link given below. Can share (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn, Whatsapp, Telegram etc.).