Email writing test in Concentrix
- Last month, you took part in the heritage walk conducted in your city. You came to know about many heritage sites or buildings which are not commonly known to all. Moreover you had a chance meeting with the U.N Secretory general. Write an email to share your experience with a friend staying abroad.
- The company you work for recently hired several new employees. Your sales team has been asked for ideas about the training they should receive. Write an email to your manager, Mr Jenkins, suggesting three areas new-employee training should focus on. Your suggestions must come from the following three themes; 1. company history 2. product knowledge 3. communication with customers You should include all three themes. Provide supporting ideas for each of your suggestions
- Yesterday you went to Sunrise Hospital, Market Road, New Delhi taking with you the victim of a hit and run accident. There were chaotic conditions in the casualty department. The injured was attended to after a lot of precious time had been lost. Write a letter of complaint in 120-150 words to the Medical Superintendent. You are Karan/ Karuna, M 114, Mall Road, Delhi.
- You are Manoj from the facilities team, Write an email with a minimum of 70 words and a maximum of 100 words using the following phrases to the employees in the company informing them about the repair work going on in phase 1 washrooms and apologize for the inconvenience caused. Hint:inconvenience, repair work, toilets, one day, work, timing details, sorry, washrooms, apologize, inconvenience
- You have a colleague who is very good for you and friendly, but he has a habit of talking loudly on the phone, especially around your desk. Can you write a casual mail asking him not to do that. Your mail must not offend him, but at the same time convey a message. Write an email conveying the above message to your colleague. Hint:loudly, disturbance, colleagues, speaking softly, help , Communications
- You are working in XYZ pvt. Ltd. You received one invoice form customer Mr. Boat. Write and email (mention about invoice is in attachment) and send to accounts team for invoice processing. Hint:invoice received from vendor, need to process, asking accounts team for processing the invoice, soft copy of the invoice attached in the mail
- You work in an office where employees share computer. You think all the employees should have their own computers. Write an email to your team leader, Mr. Campbell, giving three reasons the office should provide a laptop computers to each employee. Hint:Meeting with customers. Working from home. Staying connected during travel.
- Write an email to the project manager sharing all the reported observations and asking them to share a timeline for closure of all the points by the development team.
- You have been hospitalized for over two weeks and you need to inform your boss about the delay in discharge from the hospital. Write an email to your boss, Mr. K Singh informing him about the same and request to increase the sick leave. Hint:sick time, pay,
- You have your salary account in SBI bank and you notice credit amount mismatch in the account statement, Write an email to the customer service of SBI bank for the clarification on same. Please use the below phrases to frame the content. Hint:account no., 121212121212121, statement, salary account, passbook, mismatch, clarification, credit amount
- Write an E-mail to file a F.I.R. in nearest police station of your area stating that you have lost your credit cards and valuables due to pick pocketing. Hint:Pick pocketing , valuable , credit card , stolen , F.I.R. , police-wallet , block
- As per RBI guidelines a new interest rate on auto loan has been change from 9 to 9.25%. Write an email to all the applicable customer informing same about it. Hint:interest, rate, guideline
- Write an email to your office for five days off.
- You have recently attended a job interview in ABC company. Write an email to Mr. Jagdeesh, HR Head of ABC company expressing your gratitude for interviewing you and share your experience. Please use the below mentioned phrases while writing the mail. Sign the email as Anita. Hint:Thank you , time and consideration -extended , interview with you yesterday , opportunity , my experience , my future , goals , hearing from you , wish to thank , courtesy
- You are working in ABC software company. There is a job opening in your organization and you feel that one of your friends is perfect for that position. Write an email to your Head HR referring your friend for the vacant position and giving few details about his experience. Please use the below phrases to frame the content.
Hint:Recommending , my friend Martin , vacant post , Programmer Analyst , degree , work experience , pleasant person , good addition , team , resume
- You are in final year of your course and doing project under Prof. Chaturvedi, your project guide. Due to some reasons, you are unable to complete the project in time. Write an email to Prof. Chaturvedi, explaining your situation and requesting for project deadline extension. Please use the below phrases while writing the email.
Hint:submission date – foreign edition books – Schedule – 10th June – laptop crash – delay in printing – overall status – 9 days – approve the extension – shortage of money
- You are invited for your best friend’s wedding but you are traveling onsite on the same day. Write an email to your best friend congratulating the couple and apologizing for not attending his/her wedding. Explain your situation how important is this on-site opportunity to you. Sign the email as Raj.
Hint:Hearty congratulations, wish all success, new journey, visa approved, travel date confirmed, clashing with wedding date, can not postpone, excuse me
- You are former student of Mr. Matt, your professor. Write an email with a minimum of 70 words and a maximum of 100 words using the following phrases to Mr. Matt thanking him for his guidance that contributed to your overall development.Sign the email as Peter.
Hint:Successful , Placed , grateful , help , advice , grooming , values , shaping my future , sincere , professional
- You are Henry and you are leading a team. Write an email to the HR team requesting to facilitate a short training session on few essential skills to your team. Please use the below phrases and write the content in minimum 50 words.
Hint:training , sixteen associates , tenth , twelfth August , three days , communication skills , assertiveness , telephone etiquette , e-mail writing , confirm , two days , clarifications
- You are Basker, working in an organization that works with overseas clients. There is a call scheduled for March 27 with the client leader German national living in berlin. Suddenly you realise that March 27th is Holi. None of your team members would be coming to office (in India) that day. You realize that you need to reschedule the call. You are a little busy so you send an email to the German client in berlin. Write the email using following phrases:
Hint:Cancel , meeting , March 27th , Holi , national holiday , reschedule , response , email , apologies , inconvenience , date
- You are Charan, you visited a restaurant recently where you were not treated as expected. Write an email to the restaurant owner expressing your serious dissatisfaction on the bad service you got in their restaurant and advise him to take care so that he will not lose his business. Please use the below phrases and limit the content to 70 to 100 words.
Hint:Bangalore , reservation , wait , half an hour , bad service , waiters , rude , long time , food arrive , cold , bill , late , surprised , act immediately , good reputation
- You are DeShawn, the branch manager of an insurance company. You have decided to take the team out for a movie and have arranged for a limousine to pick and drop them from their residences. Write an email of 70 – 100 words informing them about the team building activity. The movie is scheduled on Friday 8:00 PM at Forum mall, followed by dinner at the Hotel Chevron.
Hint:at your residence , decided based on the poll result , on Friday , team building activity , forum mall , dinner at Hotel Chevron , will drop , answer the poll immediately , confirm your participation , company cab
- You are Anil Kumar. There is a construction work going on beside your place which is creating nuisance every day. Write a letter to Mr. Ashok, the Municipal Commissioner of your city reporting about the issue in your place.
Hint:building , construction , long time , three years , water usage , mosquitoes , unhygienic , construction workers , bad behavior , attention -request , action , immediately
- You are Animesh and you are a student representative. There is a cultural event being organized in your college. Write a letter to Prof. Dube, the principal of Professional Engineering College, inviting their institution to take part in the Cultural event happening in your college. Please limit the word count to 100 and use the below given phrases.
Hint:Invite , Cultural festival , previous , success , expecting , huge participation , latest trends , interaction , bonding , topics , complete , exchange ideas , exciting prizes
- You are Ankur an Engineering student of XYZ Engineering college,and you want to go on a tour to Kerala. Write an email to your HoD Mr. Venkat requesting permission for 3 days leave from 3rd Oct, 2019 to 5th Oct, 2019. Please use the below mentioned outline keywords in your answer and limit the content to 70 to 100 words.
Hint:Please, 3 days leave, from 3rd Oct, 2019 to 5th Oct, 2019, requesting you
- You are Anna and Mr. Jack is Administrative Manager in your company. Write an email to Mr. Jack asking permission to take some photos in the office premises. Please maintain at least 50 words in the email.
Hint:bring, camera, take pictures, successful completion, high tea, celebrations, security personnel, not in the working area, only in the cafeteria, orders to, much obliged
- You are Anupama Prabhala and your mother is undergoing a surgery. You applied leave regarding the same in your office. After surgery, your mother’s condition became critical and your support is needed. Write an email to your manager to extend your leave for four more days until your brother arrives from the states. Please use the below mentioned outline keywords in your answer and limit the content to 70 to 100 words.
Hint:Mother’s health, Critical care, Leave extension, Brother to arrive, by manager
- You are Arun Sehgal, a resident of Mayawati Krima Society. There is a lot of garbage which is not disposed properly in your area. Write a mail to your colony head complaining about the garbage and asking for clearing the location.
Hint:Garbage, overflowing, dustbins, regular clearing, spread – road, diseases, proper, maintenance, requirement, responsible
- You are Ashok. You recently watched a movie with your family which was having many unsocial scenes. You were disappointed with the fact that such movies are being telecasted. Write an email to the chairman of the sensor board to implement ban or reduce such movies which show the non-social and flirting atmosphere.
Hint:Unsocial, ban, shocking, against, rituals, customs, affect – minds, mould, direction, wrong, studies, guidance, reduce
- You are Asma, team lead of your team write a mail to the facilities team regarding the lagging issues faced by the system number S-11 and ask them to get it fixed as soon as possible.
Hint:lagging issue, problems, delayed, reports, tomorrow, 10 A.M., updates
- You are Anand Kumar Bhonsle, Purchase Manager of Apple Telesystems, 9th Street, Mahim, Mumbai. Write to Ganapati Stationery Mart, Churchgate, Mumbai asking for rates and terms of supply of stationery items such as pencils, papers, ribbons, carbon papers etc.
- You are an official in the Indian Overseas Bank working in the accounts department. You have received a complaint from a customer that his bank transaction got cancelled while booking train tickets but his money got deducted from his bank account. Write an email to the reply of this query and resolve his issue.
Hint:bank transaction cancelled, refund, contact, issue, sorry, inconvenience, policy, 3 to 4 days, auto-retrieval, worry, network issues
- You are a project manager and you took the help of Billy, an additional resource, to complete the task in time. Write a “Thank You” email to Billy appreciating his timely help including the below phrases in the email.
Hint:Accepting join , project months time , location constraints , flexibility , hard work , technical expertise invaluable , high complexity task , co-operating , deliver service , critical moment , deadlines , saviour , look forward , to working with you , all the best
- You are a part of corporate communication team in your company. The working time period is revised as 8:30 am to 5:00 pm. Using the following phrases, write an email with a minimum of 70 words and a maximum of 100 words to the employees in your company informing the same.
Hint:by 30 minutes to avoid traffic , effect from next week , lunch duration , revised working time , reduced by 10 minutes , free breakfast , office will start earlier , till the end of rainy season , will be in effect