TCS email writing test
- You are Mr. Naman and you recently bought a laptop from Smart Appliance Company. Write an email to Mr. Arun, the manager of Smart Appliance Company, explaining the poor quality of service offered to you in the city. Please use the below phrases and write the email in about 100 words only. Hint:very few , service centers , complaints , pending problems , maintenance , cost , time , delivery , increase , customer satisfaction
- You are mr.Ashish, Business Executive at xyz ltd, an electronics store. One of your customers ordered an Air Conditioner in your store which is not available at the moment. Write an email to the customer explaining the situation. Please frame the content using the given phrases. Hint:good product, high demand, busy season, unavailable, delivered soon, two more weeks, apologies, compliment, gift voucher
- You are Navin and you are in final year of your course, attending campus interviews in your college. Write an email to your parents sharing your experiences on your first campus interview. Please use the below phrases and limit the word count to 50 to 80. Hint:80 minutes , tensed , formal shirt , negative marking , polish , write a program , early in the morning , written test , four member panel , explain , offer , very happy
- You are Mr.Anil and you are a marketing executive. You have a conference which is for two days in another city. You are looking for a temporary accommodation in the city which is near to your conference venue and you found out a newly built hotel. Write an email to the hotel manager asking for details of the rooms and equipment provided by them. Please use the below mentioned outline keywords in your answer and limit the content to 70 to 100 words.
- You are john, working in an organization as project head. There is a meeting scheduled for August 03 with the client leader. Suddenly you realize that your team is totally packed on 3rd Aug and none of your team members would be able to attend the meeting that day. You need to reschedule the meeting. being little busy, write an email to the client explaining the situation and apologizing for the late update.
- You are Kanauji, a member of customer support team with an online retailer. On next Monday morning you have a social function at your home and will be unavailable to serve. Write an email to your boss, Badapiang asking her approval to rearrange your work schedule to the night shift instead of Monday morning. Hint:Function , home , unavailable to serve , night shift , arrangement , morning , guest , work , rearrange , completed
- You are Reena Modi. Trisha is your best friend. Write an email to Trisha at firstname.lastname@example.org sharing your feelings about how lucky you are to have her as your best friend and the pros of good friendship. Please use the below phrases to frame the content. Hint: best friend, happy life, supporting, well wisher, lucky, ever lasting friendship, more like family
- You are Ron, working in an organization as project head. There is a meeting scheduled for August 03 with the client leader. Suddenly you realize that your team is totally packed on 3rd Aug and none of your team members would be able to attend the meeting that day. You need to reschedule the meeting. being little busy, write an email to the client explaining the situation and apologizing for the late update. Hint:Cancel , meeting , August 03 , busy day , scheduled , reschedule , response , email , apologize , inconvenience , date
- You work for a company that recently finished an important project. You and your co-worker had to work hard and you think your team deserves a great party. Write an email to your boss, Mr. Nelson, giving three reasons why he should organize a party for your entire team.
- You are Ramesh, the security in charge at Global sum Private Limited. You have witnessed a number of issues in maintaining records in paper files. Write an email to your manager Mr Aman Chatterjee requesting to issue cards for all the employees and visitors so that a proper record keeping can be done. Hint:Issue, cards, visitors, guests, record keeping, security, purposes, return, back, leaving, resolve, easy, time-taking, less reliable
- You are Prashant and you are a team lead. Your team failed to deliver a project in time as the team is affected with Cholera. Write an email to the client explaining him about the testing team’s situation and apologizing for the delay in project delivery. Use the below phrases to frame the content. Hint:inform , delay , submission , Account Payable project , due to , team , cholera , uncertain , assure , request, bear with , your loss
- You are Swapna and you are a student. You have newly joined a college for your graduation. Write an email to your friend about the new college, its rules and timings. Please use the below mentioned outline keywords in your answer and limit the content to 70 to 100 words. Hint:Eagerly, St. Mary’s College, Strict rules, Timings, Course details
- You are Sundar and you are a student representative. There is an event ‘Technical Symposium’ being organized in your college. Write a letter to Prof. Deb, the principal of Professional Engineering College, inviting their institution to take part in the technical event happening in your college. Hint:Invite , technical Symposium , previous , expecting , huge participation , latest technology , stalls , demos , interaction , complete , exchange ideas , exciting prizes
- You are Subham, a student of MNNIT Allahabad. You had your annual day at your college last Saturday where you received the best coder in the college award. Write an email using the following phrases to share your experience with your friend Nil. Hint:Annual day, enjoyment, 1st prize, appreciation, merit, certificate, proud, student, coding contests
- You are Sid and you are working in a company. You got to know that your boss is planning to invest heavily in a new project which will definitely land in failures as the competitor is already having a similar project. Write an email to your boss explaining the future of the project he is going to take up and suggest him to stop this as soon as possible. Hint:Learnt that boss is taking up a new project , planned for investment of millions of dollars in it , unfortunately plan will not work , competitor has similar project , this project was a failure , no demand in the market , hence should stop this idea immediately
- You are Satish and you own a vehicle. You took a policy on your vehicle from an insurance company recently. Write a letter to the manager of the insurance company asking to issue a policy letter on vehicle expense reimbursement. Please use the below phrases and limit the content between 70 to 100 words. Hint:essential that , personnel drives company and personal vehicles in connection , company , maintain , record , expenses incurred , reimbursed , expenditures that , your good , record keeping , possible , Receipts , submit , purchases , expenses and repairs , require record , the amount of time spent driving , your cooperation
- You are the director of a pharma company. Few foreign delegates are visiting your office in the coming week. Write an email to your office manager informing about the foreign delegates visit and asking him to do the arrangements. Please use the below phrases to frame the content. Hint:Foreign delegation , visiting , arrive , Wednesday morning , visit headoffice , also factories , keep premises clean , interaction , employees , compulsory attendance , dress in formals , evening , sightseeing , food arrangements , taste in mind
- You are the Customer Service Officer at The Staples. Your customer had placed a bulk order for 100 Ruled Notebooks, 200 Gel Pens and 250 Box Files, of which only 50 Ruled Notebooks, 100 Ball Point Pens instead of the Gel Pens, have been delivered and the rest of the order is not delivered. Write an email to your customer Mrs. Emma Woodhouse, explaining the situation and providing a solution.
- You work in an office where employees share computer. You think all the employees should have their own computers. Write an email to your team leader, Mr. Campbell, giving three reasons the office should provide a laptop computers to each employee. Hint:Meeting with customers. Working from home. Staying connected during travel.
- Write an email to the project manager sharing all the reported observations and asking them to share a timeline for closure of all the points by the development team.
- You park your vehicle in basement of TCS. Write an email to the safety Admin raising a safety concern in the basement which could pose as a potential threat to the associates.
- A new family has moved into your neighbourhood. Write an Email to your friend about how you first met was with that family. Hint:Neighbor, Friends, Family, New house, nice
- Write a mail to your client telling them about the unavailability of the employees on the festival holidays i.e. From 8th October to 10th October. Hence, inform them about the delays in sending the reports and assure them that you would be sending them on 11th October. Sign the mail as Nandini. Hint:Durga Puja, festival, holiday, results, promise, on time, sorry, delay
- Write an email to Mrs. Ha Vu to let her know of the bank’s decision regarding her loan application
- You are the head manager of CV Agency Private Ltd. You are happy with the performance of a team in your organization. Write an email to your company’s HR appreciating him for selecting a team which is quite good and hard working.
Hint:Team, HR, outstanding, meet, anticipations, praise, well, hard work, congratulations, keep, spirit, performance
- You have recently attended a job interview in ABC company. Write an email to Mr. Jagdeesh, HR Head of ABC company expressing your gratitude for interviewing you and share your experience. Please use the below mentioned phrases while writing the mail. Sign the email as Anita. Hint:Thank you , time and consideration -extended , interview with you yesterday , opportunity , my experience , my future , goals , hearing from you , wish to thank , courtesy
- You are working in ABC software company. There is a job opening in your organization and you feel that one of your friends is perfect for that position. Write an email to your Head HR referring your friend for the vacant position and giving few details about his experience. Please use the below phrases to frame the content.
Hint:Recommending , my friend Martin , vacant post , Programmer Analyst , degree , work experience , pleasant person , good addition , team , resume
- You are Vikram, a member of the HR team in TCS Mumbai. There are new timings being implemented for lunch. Write a mail to your manager to inform him about the change in timings of lunch as discussed in the meeting.
Hint:Lunchtime, from 1:00 PM to 1:30 PM, changed, employees, request, break, better, hopefully
- You are the Operations Head for TCS and you had placed a bulk order of 40 laptops to KC consultancies. The order stands rejected now since the delivery was not on the expected date and the specifications of the laptop are not as per the requirement. Write a letter of Notice to the company regarding the rejection of goods.
Hint:received goods , our order , dated , hereby reject said goods , reasons , Goods not delivered , required time , defective as described , non-conforming to sample or specifications , Notice of acceptance of our order , as required , not received , ordered the goods from other sources , issuing appropriate credits or refunds , provide instruction for return at your expense
- You are the HR of a very big company, write a mail to all the new employees congratulating them and welcoming them in corporate life. Also, tell them about the Orientation Day Program. Sign the email as Sunaina S.
Hint:Congratulations, venue, discipline, corporate life, new phase, reporting time, Government Id, presentation, Id-card collection
- You are the librarian of L.W.A. Senior Secondary School, Poona. You want to purchase a dictionary, a book on computers, a book for preparing for competitive examinations and a book for I.I.T. entrance examination for use of students and staff of your school. Place an order with M/s Higginbothams, Mumbai, giving the details regarding the mode of despatch and mode of payment.
- You are the manager of a factory named Nishant Private Ltd. You generally face the problem of attendance count of the employees and they take unnecessary benefit of the situation. Write a mail to the head manager for issue of card at factory while in or out of employees.
Hint:Issue order, to display attendance cards, or employees or visitors while in or leaving factory
- You are the Event Manager at XYZ Technologies and you had organized the annual meeting for your company in La’ Vintage Hotel. The event was a grand success and your management was very happy with the arrangements. Write an email to the manager of the hotel complimenting him on the service and the arrangements.
Hint:Annual all hands meeting of the company , held at your hotel , successful , compliments , received , staff’s courteousness , excellent food , prepared , occasion , Thank you , make , event a success
- You are the Executive Manager at Vodafone and you recently got a complaint from a loyal customer about his SIM card not working. Write an email apologizing for the issue and providing him a solution within 2 days. Sign yourself as Kim.
- You are the HR of a college. Write an email to the hr manager of wipro to conduct the campus interview at your college.
- You are Swati and you are working in a corporate company. You found that the projector and the monitor in the training room 3B were damaged. Write an email to the manager of the facilities team informing about the damaged assets and asking for an immediate replacement. Please use the below mentioned outline keywords in your answer and limit the content to 70 to 100 words.
Hint:Training room, Asset damage, unable to continue trainings, replacement
- You are Tanish and you are a student representative in your college. There is a cultural festival planned in your college. Write an email to ABC company requesting to sponsor for your cultural festival happening in your college.
Hint:pdf file , reputed institute , 10 days , 200 college , sparkling performance , extravaganza , sponsor the event , request appointment , brochure attached
- You are the chief of customer satisfaction in an online retail company. One of your executives has worked long hours and on weekends to solve the grievances of a large client. He went beyond the call of duty, working at nights even to complete the customer billing project. Write an email within 70 – 100 words to your boss, appreciating your team member’s work and recommending a promotion for him.
Hint:thank you , keep it up , client , week , end , night , appreciating the work done , hard work , Customer billing project , beyond call of duty , extra working hours
- You are Navin, working in an organization that works with overseas clients. There is a call scheduled for March 27 with the client leader German national living in berlin. Suddenly you realize that March 27th is Holi. None of your team members would be coming to office (in India) that day. You realize that you need to reschedule the call. You are a little busy so you send an email to the German client in berlin. Write the email using following phrases : Hint:Cancel , meeting , March 27th , Holi , national holiday , reschedule , response , email , apologize , inconvenience , date
- You are a project manager and you took the help of Billy, an additional resource, to complete the task in time. Write a “Thank You” email to Billy appreciating his timely help including the below phrases in the email.
Hint:Accepting join , project months time , location constraints , flexibility , hard work , technical expertise invaluable , high complexity task , co-operating , deliver service , critical moment , deadlines , saviour , look forward , to working with you , all the best