Telligent email writing test
- The company you work for recently hired several new employees. Your sales team has been asked for ideas about the training they should receive. Write an email to your manager, Mr Jenkins, suggesting three areas new-employee training should focus on. Your suggestions must come from the following three themes; 1. company history 2. product knowledge 3. communication with customers You should include all three themes. Provide supporting ideas for each of your suggestions
- Yesterday you went to Sunrise Hospital, Market Road, New Delhi taking with you the victim of a hit and run accident. There were chaotic conditions in the casualty department. The injured was attended to after a lot of precious time had been lost. Write a letter of complaint in 120-150 words to the Medical Superintendent. You are Karan/ Karuna, M 114, Mall Road, Delhi.
- You are Mr. Kannan, Principal of ABC school. Your school annual day function is commencing soon and you decided to invite Mr. Ashok, environmentalist as a chief guest speaker to the function. Write an email to Mr. Ashok inviting him for your school event and requesting to deliver a speech on cleanliness and greenery. Please use the below phrases while building the content of the email. Hint:valuable words, cleanliness, clean and green, amazing work, motivate and inspire, healthy, young minds
- You are Manoj from the facilities team, Write an email with a minimum of 70 words and a maximum of 100 words using the following phrases to the employees in the company informing them about the repair work going on in phase 1 washrooms and apologize for the inconvenience caused. Hint:inconvenience, repair work, toilets, one day, work, timing details, sorry, washrooms, apologize, inconvenience
- You are living in a residential society. Write an email with a minimum of 70 words and a maximum of 100 words using the following phrases to Mr. Sharma, your municipal inspector, complaining about the irregular water supply in your society. Sign the email as Durga. Hint:residential area , 1500 residents , few days , water , supply , irregular , municipal employees , schedule , wait , whole day , constant , nuisance , action , immediately
- You are a project manager and for some technical reasons, the project is getting delayed. Write an email to your customer Mr. Gill Roy, explaining the reason for the delay in work. Please use the below mentioned phrases and keep the word count to 70 or below. Hint: Payment processing system , Schedule , 10th May (Friday) , Unexpected power outage , 3 days , Overall delay , 7 days , includes recovery of lost work , will not recur
- You have received a nice gift from your friend Manish on your birthday. Write an email to your friend expressing your happiness and thanking for the gift. Please use the below phrases and sign the mail as XYZ. Hint:Birthday ceremony, heartiest thanks, occasion, great pleasure, miss, presence, nice, see, favourite, cake, lovely, surprise
- You are Sundar and you are a student representative. There is an event ‘Technical Symposium’ being organized in your college. Write a letter to Prof. Deb, the principal of Professional Engineering College, inviting their institution to take part in the technical event happening in your college. Hint:Invite , technical Symposium , previous , expecting , huge participation , latest technology , stalls , demos , interaction , complete , exchange ideas , exciting prizes
- You are Sid and you are working in a company. You got to know that your boss is planning to invest heavily in a new project which will definitely land in failures as the competitor is already having a similar project. Write an email to your boss explaining the future of the project he is going to take up and suggest him to stop this as soon as possible. Hint:Learnt that boss is taking up a new project , planned for investment of millions of dollars in it , unfortunately plan will not work , competitor has similar project , this project was a failure , no demand in the market , hence should stop this idea immediately
- You are the Customer Service Officer at The Staples. Your customer had placed a bulk order for 100 Ruled Notebooks, 200 Gel Pens and 250 Box Files, of which only 50 Ruled Notebooks, 100 Ball Point Pens instead of the Gel Pens, have been delivered and the rest of the order is not delivered. Write an email to your customer Mrs. Emma Woodhouse, explaining the situation and providing a solution.
- You are working in XYZ pvt. Ltd. You received one invoice form customer Mr. Boat. Write and email (mention about invoice is in attachment) and send to accounts team for invoice processing. Hint:invoice received from vendor, need to process, asking accounts team for processing the invoice, soft copy of the invoice attached in the mail
- You ordered the merchandise on 14th June, 2020, however the ordered was not delivered and got cancled. Mention about the enclosed information purchases slips, payment records, documentation of shipment address and order canlation slip. Write an email to HDFC bank about a dispute of amount Rs. 1500 on your credit card account, request correct the debiting error promptly.
- You work in an office where employees share computer. You think all the employees should have their own computers. Write an email to your team leader, Mr. Campbell, giving three reasons the office should provide a laptop computers to each employee. Hint:Meeting with customers. Working from home. Staying connected during travel.
- You are a consultant and send an mail to the contractor to shift the outside material inside the building because machines are getting damaged due to rain. Hint:outside, material, rain, shifting
- Write an email to the project manager sharing all the reported observations and asking them to share a timeline for closure of all the points by the development team.
- As the CEO of XL Technologies, write an email of Notice for unsatisfactory performance of Project Manager, Kirti Sinha, who couldn’t convince the clients with the project plan and timeline.
Hint:Confirming our meeting , unsatisfactory aspects , your performance , expect , the future , improve your performance , every confidence , the problem , be repeated
- Customer/vendor asking them to share payment details. Hint:You had sent an email to a customer/vendor asking them to share payment details. It has been 10 days since they responded. They have paid only 30% towards the project and have to pay the next 40% for the project.
- You have been hospitalized for over two weeks and you need to inform your boss about the delay in discharge from the hospital. Write an email to your boss, Mr. K Singh informing him about the same and request to increase the sick leave. Hint:sick time, pay,
- You have your salary account in SBI bank and you notice credit amount mismatch in the account statement, Write an email to the customer service of SBI bank for the clarification on same. Please use the below phrases to frame the content. Hint:account no., 121212121212121, statement, salary account, passbook, mismatch, clarification, credit amount
- To your friend describing the winter season in a hill station you visited. You have recently visited a hill station during winter vacation. Write your experience to your friend. You are Manu/Manavi.
- Write an email to your department informing them about the Holi Celebrations that is going to be held in the garden section of the building. Also, tell them about the dress code and information about the snacks arrangements.
Hint:Festival, colours, traditional wear-food, drinks, fun, celebrations, family, time, holi, wrist badges for entry
- Write a mail to your client telling them about the unavailability of the employees on the festival holidays i.e. From 8th October to 10th October. Hence, inform them about the delays in sending the reports and assure them that you would be sending them on 11th October. Sign the mail as Nandini. Hint:Durga Puja, festival, holiday, results, promise, on time, sorry, delay
- Write a mail to your landlord stating the problems that you’re facing in the washroom of your flat. And ask him to get it repaired as soon as possible because your parents are going to visit you soon.
Hint:Shower, bathroom, hanger, small insects, leakage in the tap, parents, water wastage
- Write a mail to the lost and found the department and tell them about the document that you have found in the cafeteria and ask them to put it on the notice board, so that it is easy for the person to find his documents.Please use the below phrases and limit the content between 70 to 100 words.
Hint:Documents, government ID, lost and found, urgent, cafeteria, mention your details
- Write a mail to the badging team asking them about the process of issuing a new ID card since your ID is damaged and you are not able to swipe it and mark your attendance. Mention the necessary detail like Emp-id, designation and sign the mail as Rakesh.
Hint:ID damaged, new, process, facing issue, swipe, attendance, Emp-id, designation
- Write an email to a friend about your work experience week. include the type of business you worked in, describe what you had to do each day and say how this has helped you with your career
- Write an email to the city newspaper editor to complain about the increasing waste in your area
- Write a Thank You Email After an Interview.
- Write an email asking for a job vacancy.
- You are the Store Manager of XYZ Electronics. You recently got a request of return of a television set due to some technical defect. Write an email acknowledging the request to repair to the customer Mr. Karthik.
Hint:product name , model number , repair , received on , returning it , necessary adjustments , sorry , experienced a problem , product , want , purchasing , product name
- You are the team leader of your team and your team is demanding to stay out of the team for the past week. Explaining the desire of the team, write a mail to your manager and ask him for permission to go out of the team for a day, as well as asking him to join the team.
Hint:Outing, frustrated, relaxing, enjoyment, work efficiently, relaxed mind and body, fun, amusement park
- You are the Operations Manager of the company ABC who prints visiting cards. You got a bulk order from a regular customer for 10,000 visiting cards to be delivered in 3 days. because of some technical glitch, your printing machine stopped working and you cannot get the order ready. Since the customer is a regular one, you need to write a letter of apology to Mr. Amit Kumar, to express your regret for cancelling the order.
Hint:acknowledge receipt , letter , reasons , canceling your purchase , misunderstanding , led , cancellation , the matter up with management , problem , does not occur , valued customers , satisfaction , primary concerns , Please accept our apology
- You are the owner of Deep Book House in Shakti Nagar. Write an email using the following phrases with a minimum of 70 words and a maximum of 100 words to place an order for 100 books of “Mastering Mathematics” to Arihant Publication House to supply the books at the earliest.
Hint:Early order, academic year, demand , shipment, requested, customers, Arihant Publication, 100 books, Mastering Mathematics
- You are the Secretary of the “Gokuldham Apartment”. Write a mail using the following phrases with a minimum of 50 words and a maximum of 150 words to the people informing them about the ban of plastic carry bags in society. Also, mention how plastic harm to our environment. A heavy fine has been imposed for in case someone is found using or bringing the plastic carry bags in society.
Hint:plastic carry bags, harmful, fine, law, recycling issues, environment, government, cloth bags, paper bags
- You are the manager of legal services in a large corporation. Your team has just won a landmark case and saved the company 1 million dollars. Draft an email to your team, acknowledging and appreciating their efforts at work, which led to the victory.
Hint:congratulations , good job well done , nice work very problem , working hard , very easy , keep it up
- You are the Operations Head for TCS and you had placed a bulk order of 40 laptops to KC consultancies. The order stands rejected now since the delivery was not on the expected date and the specifications of the laptop are not as per the requirement. Write a letter of Notice to the company regarding the rejection of goods.
Hint:received goods , our order , dated , hereby reject said goods , reasons , Goods not delivered , required time , defective as described , non-conforming to sample or specifications , Notice of acceptance of our order , as required , not received , ordered the goods from other sources , issuing appropriate credits or refunds , provide instruction for return at your expense
- You are the manager of a very big MNC and recently your team has been awarded the RNR award for being the best team. Draft a mail acknowledging the efforts put in by your team and appreciating their hard work and teamwork.
Hint:Congratulations, RNR, performance, great work, progress, deliver results, well done
- You are the manager of an IT company. You received a request from an employee claiming for his bonus points and appraisal but you rejected his request as he didn’t meet the complete requirements. Give an explanation why you reject the claim and when it will be approved.
Hint:Reason of reject – check status, attendance, meet, shifts – holidays, work, incomplete, hard work, surely, anticipations, best wishes, performer
- You are a project manager and you took the help of Billy, an additional resource, to complete a task in time. Write a “Thank You” email to Billy appreciating his timely help in your critical time and made the project success.
Hint:Payment processing system , Schedule , 15th , month , Unexpected system crash , bug fix and maintenance , 3 days , Overall delay , 10 days , includes recovery of lost work , will not recur