Infosys email writing test
- You are Mr. Naman and you recently bought a laptop from Smart Appliance Company. Write an email to Mr. Arun, the manager of Smart Appliance Company, explaining the poor quality of service offered to you in the city. Please use the below phrases and write the email in about 100 words only. Hint:very few , service centers , complaints , pending problems , maintenance , cost , time , delivery , increase , customer satisfaction
- You are Mr. Chopra and you recently bought a car from Smart Automotive Company. Write an email to Mr. Ahmed, the manager of Smart Automotive Company, explaining the poor quality of vehicle service offered to you in the city.
Hint:very few , service centers , complaints , pending problems , maintenance , cost , time , delivery , increase , customer satisfaction
- You are Mr.Anil and you are a marketing executive. You have a conference which is for two days in another city. You are looking for a temporary accommodation in the city which is near to your conference venue and you found out a newly built hotel. Write an email to the hotel manager asking for details of the rooms and equipment provided by them. Please use the below mentioned outline keywords in your answer and limit the content to 70 to 100 words.
- You are Mr. Kannan, Principal of ABC school. Your school annual day function is commencing soon and you decided to invite Mr. Ashok, environmentalist as a chief guest speaker to the function. Write an email to Mr. Ashok inviting him for your school event and requesting to deliver a speech on cleanliness and greenery. Please use the below phrases while building the content of the email. Hint:valuable words, cleanliness, clean and green, amazing work, motivate and inspire, healthy, young minds
- You are Manoj from the facilities team, Write an email with a minimum of 70 words and a maximum of 100 words using the following phrases to the employees in the company informing them about the repair work going on in phase 1 washrooms and apologize for the inconvenience caused. Hint:inconvenience, repair work, toilets, one day, work, timing details, sorry, washrooms, apologize, inconvenience
- You are Misha, the manager of HPCP training organization. Write an email to your training coordinator about the problems you are facing in the management of training. Please use the below phrases in the mail content. Hint:Training, mess, discipline, strict, young, liberty, decorum, fees, appraisal, studies, Coordination
- You are john, working in an organization as project head. There is a meeting scheduled for August 03 with the client leader. Suddenly you realize that your team is totally packed on 3rd Aug and none of your team members would be able to attend the meeting that day. You need to reschedule the meeting. being little busy, write an email to the client explaining the situation and apologizing for the late update.
- You are Kanauji, a member of customer support team with an online retailer. On next Monday morning you have a social function at your home and will be unavailable to serve. Write an email to your boss, Badapiang asking her approval to rearrange your work schedule to the night shift instead of Monday morning. Hint:Function , home , unavailable to serve , night shift , arrangement , morning , guest , work , rearrange , completed
- You are Keshav and you are planning for a holiday in Goa with family for the new year. You found out the best rated hotel in Goa. Write an email to the hotel manager asking to book a room for you and your family for 5 days. Give all the necessary details like the check in and check out dates and timings, list of members with their names and ages, etc. Please use the below mentioned outline keywords in your answer and limit the content to 70 to 100 words. Hint:New year Holiday, Goa trip with family, Advance booking
- You are living in a residential society. Write an email with a minimum of 70 words and a maximum of 100 words using the following phrases to Mr. Sharma, your municipal inspector, complaining about the irregular water supply in your society. Sign the email as Durga. Hint:residential area , 1500 residents , few days , water , supply , irregular , municipal employees , schedule , wait , whole day , constant , nuisance , action , immediately
- You are Mr. Kuldeep and you bought a refrigerator from Samsung store recently. However, You are facing problems with the new refrigerator. Write an email to Mr. Shashank, the regional manager of Samsung, complaining about the defective piece you have received. Please make sure you use the below phrases in the content of the email. Hint:new refrigerator, deep freezer not working, fluctuating temperature, compressor, repaired or replaced, under warranty, disappointed
- You are Ron, working in an organization as project head. There is a meeting scheduled for August 03 with the client leader. Suddenly you realize that your team is totally packed on 3rd Aug and none of your team members would be able to attend the meeting that day. You need to reschedule the meeting. being little busy, write an email to the client explaining the situation and apologizing for the late update. Hint:Cancel , meeting , August 03 , busy day , scheduled , reschedule , response , email , apologize , inconvenience , date
- You are a product manager working in ABC appliances company. A customer inquired about your product via telephone. Write an email to that customer explaining in detail about your product and your after-sale services. Please use the below phrases to frame the content. Hint:Launched vacuum cleaner “EEGA” , recently , innovative , huge market share , excellent after sales services , arrange demo , discount on bulk orders
- You have a colleague who is very good for you and friendly, but he has a habit of talking loudly on the phone, especially around your desk. Can you write a casual mail asking him not to do that. Your mail must not offend him, but at the same time convey a message. Write an email conveying the above message to your colleague. Hint:loudly, disturbance, colleagues, speaking softly, help , Communications
- You work for a company that recently finished an important project. You and your co-worker had to work hard and you think your team deserves a great party. Write an email to your boss, Mr. Nelson, giving three reasons why he should organize a party for your entire team.
- You are Prashant and you are a team lead. Your team failed to deliver a project in time as the team is affected with Cholera. Write an email to the client explaining him about the testing team’s situation and apologizing for the delay in project delivery. Use the below phrases to frame the content. Hint:inform , delay , submission , Account Payable project , due to , team , cholera , uncertain , assure , request, bear with , your loss
- You are Swapna and you are a student. You have newly joined a college for your graduation. Write an email to your friend about the new college, its rules and timings. Please use the below mentioned outline keywords in your answer and limit the content to 70 to 100 words. Hint:Eagerly, St. Mary’s College, Strict rules, Timings, Course details
- You are Sundar and you are a student representative. There is an event ‘Technical Symposium’ being organized in your college. Write a letter to Prof. Deb, the principal of Professional Engineering College, inviting their institution to take part in the technical event happening in your college. Hint:Invite , technical Symposium , previous , expecting , huge participation , latest technology , stalls , demos , interaction , complete , exchange ideas , exciting prizes
- You are Sid and you are working in a company. You got to know that your boss is planning to invest heavily in a new project which will definitely land in failures as the competitor is already having a similar project. Write an email to your boss explaining the future of the project he is going to take up and suggest him to stop this as soon as possible. Hint:Learnt that boss is taking up a new project , planned for investment of millions of dollars in it , unfortunately plan will not work , competitor has similar project , this project was a failure , no demand in the market , hence should stop this idea immediately
- You are the director of a pharma company. Few foreign delegates are visiting your office in the coming week. Write an email to your office manager informing about the foreign delegates visit and asking him to do the arrangements. Please use the below phrases to frame the content. Hint:Foreign delegation , visiting , arrive , Wednesday morning , visit headoffice , also factories , keep premises clean , interaction , employees , compulsory attendance , dress in formals , evening , sightseeing , food arrangements , taste in mind
- At 19/07/2020 you received your credit card bill statement and you notice that at 15/06/2020 confirmation of an order placed relating to a contract that you have no knowledge of. Write an email to bank Manager and ask a bank for repayment of a disputed transaction. Hint:disputed transaction, repayment
- You work in an office where employees share computer. You think all the employees should have their own computers. Write an email to your team leader, Mr. Campbell, giving three reasons the office should provide a laptop computers to each employee. Hint:Meeting with customers. Working from home. Staying connected during travel.
- You are a consultant and send an mail to the contractor to shift the outside material inside the building because machines are getting damaged due to rain. Hint:outside, material, rain, shifting
- Write an e-mail to request to conduct a training session for your associates using the following phrases, with a minimum of 50 words and a maximum of 150 words.
Hint:three weeks , belong to XYZ project , closer to office , reach Seattle this Saturday , duration of stay , book hotel , travellers cheque or cash , ensure port of departure is Chennai , prefer transit via Frankfurt
- Write an email to the project manager sharing all the reported observations and asking them to share a timeline for closure of all the points by the development team.
- You are a resident of Tamil Nadu. The municipal corporation has decided to break some of the temples near your area for construction work. Write an email to the collector to save the golden gifts temples of Tamil Nadu by our ancestors. Hint:Temples, save, property, gifts, understand, importance, back, dignity, country, realize, moral, wrong, admire
- To publishers complaining about a damaged parcel Write an email to the Ramanathan Publishers, 23 Mount Road, Chennai, complaining about the parcel of books which you have received in a damaged state. You are Anshul Reddy living at 26, Anand Nilayam, Hyderabad.
- Write an e-mail to your friend giving him some tips telling him how to fight global warming.
- Write a mail to your client telling them about the unavailability of the employees on the festival holidays i.e. From 8th October to 10th October. Hence, inform them about the delays in sending the reports and assure them that you would be sending them on 11th October. Sign the mail as Nandini. Hint:Durga Puja, festival, holiday, results, promise, on time, sorry, delay
- Write a mail to your landlord stating the problems that you’re facing in the washroom of your flat. And ask him to get it repaired as soon as possible because your parents are going to visit you soon.
Hint:Shower, bathroom, hanger, small insects, leakage in the tap, parents, water wastage
- Write a mail to the facilities team and tell them to restock the stationary items in the cubical number 701-216. Also, tell them to keep checking about the requirements in every 8-10 days. Sign the mail as Swati. Please use the below phrases and limit the content between 70 to 100 words.
Hint:irresponsible, restock, stationary, facing problems, regular check
- You recently bought a product from ITEX company which didn’t work as expected. Though you raised it to the customer care folks, they didn’t attend you and left you with no proper resolution. Write an email to the manager of ITEX company, explaining the issue you faced and the irresponsible behavior of the customer care team.
Hint:bought a product , didn’t work , called customer care , put me through automated teleservices , on hold for 19 minutes , got disconnected , wrote an e-mail , reply , sorted out , 2 days , problem still unresolved
- What do CC and BCC mean when writing an email? Write an email explaining about both to your all friends.
- Write an email to the city newspaper editor to complain about the increasing waste in your area
- Write an email to your office for five days off.
- Write an email asking for a job vacancy.
- You have recently attended a job interview in ABC company. Write an email to Mr. Jagdeesh, HR Head of ABC company expressing your gratitude for interviewing you and share your experience. Please use the below mentioned phrases while writing the mail. Sign the email as Anita. Hint:Thank you , time and consideration -extended , interview with you yesterday , opportunity , my experience , my future , goals , hearing from you , wish to thank , courtesy
- You are working in ABC software company. There is a job opening in your organization and you feel that one of your friends is perfect for that position. Write an email to your Head HR referring your friend for the vacant position and giving few details about his experience. Please use the below phrases to frame the content.
Hint:Recommending , my friend Martin , vacant post , Programmer Analyst , degree , work experience , pleasant person , good addition , team , resume
- You are the chief of customer satisfaction in an online retail company. One of your executives has worked long hours and on weekends to solve the grievances of a large client. He went beyond the call of duty, working at nights even to complete the customer billing project. Write an email within 70 – 100 words to your boss, appreciating your team member’s work and recommending a promotion for him.
Hint:thank you , keep it up , client , week , end , night , appreciating the work done , hard work , Customer billing project , beyond call of duty , extra working hours
- You are manager of a department. There is a new floor manager joining your team soon. Write an email to your staff informing them about the new joining manager and his experience. Use the below phrases in the email.
Hint:floor manager , appointed , start work next Monday , comes with 10 years of work experience , good track record , top companies , Indian and International , good addition , team-welcome
- You are John, living in a local residential society. Write an email addressing the inspector of local police station, Mr. Gupta, complaining about the mischievous bikers creating nuisance with their rash bike riding every evening outside your society.
Hint:residential area , ride , rashly , children , play , elderly , walk , grocery shop , across the road , dangerous , accidents , nuisance , action , immediately
- You are a project manager and you took the help of Billy, an additional resource, to complete the task in time. Write a “Thank You” email to Billy appreciating his timely help including the below phrases in the email.
Hint:Accepting join , project months time , location constraints , flexibility , hard work , technical expertise invaluable , high complexity task , co-operating , deliver service , critical moment , deadlines , saviour , look forward , to working with you , all the best
- You are a project manager and you took the help of Billy, an additional resource, to complete a task in time. Write a “Thank You” email to Billy appreciating his timely help in your critical time and made the project success.
Hint:Payment processing system , Schedule , 15th , month , Unexpected system crash , bug fix and maintenance , 3 days , Overall delay , 10 days , includes recovery of lost work , will not recur